Steps To Building Your New Home
Free check lists covering every step you'll need to build your new CreativeHousePlans.com home.
Phase 1 - ACCEPTANCE OF CONTRACT ON VACANT LAND
- Obtain house plans from CreativeHousePlans.com.
- If you're building in an area where you'll need a water well, apply for well permit (application from a well driller). Submit to State Water Resources.
- Well geologist or witcher to determine location of the well.
- Builder and purchaser to determine location of house, well and septic.
- Septic Engineer to design and prepare documents to submit to health department for septic engineering.
- Meet with your local electricity provider to determine location of power poles and the cost involved.
- Purchaser and builder to decide which trees need to be removed and by whom.
- Approval of all plans, specifications and builder’s contract. Also, the Real Estate contract written by selling agent, making the builder’s contract a part of it.
- Schedule well driller or apply for a water tap. You'll need a permit before well drilling can begin, or, if you are not drilling a well, you'll need to apply for water tap.
|Phase 2 - CLOSE ON THE PROPERTY|
- Need commitment letter from lender for permanent financing.
- Apply for construction loan.
- Apply for building permits with the county building department.
- Hire a building contractor (See our important check list about contracts)
- Local electricity provider to install power.
- Approximate completion 90 to 120 days from this point.
- Be aware that the site will not look the same as when it was purchased; however, the builder will do final grading to restore it as much as possible.
- Blasting, if required, for construction of house, septic, water lines, etc. is automatically an extra cost.